Educators Credit Union reserves the right to determine if a submitted image is acceptable for use. The following are examples of inappropriate image uses that are strictly prohibited:
- All images must have the consent of the owner including those downloaded from the internet.
- Images that could be perceived as violent, including hatred or cruelty to humans or animals, profanity, or obscenities.
- People conducting or involving themselves in criminal or illegal activities, including gambling.
- Images/content demonstrating the views of anti-social, political or religious groups.
- Libelous, defamatory, sexually explicit, or other content we deem offensive, including discrimination, "hate speech," or socially unacceptable groups (gangs).
- Material that could infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of another party, including branded products, including abbreviations, acronyms, logos or related symbols.
- Any references to the Olympic Games or events.
- Commercial solicitation or promotional material.
- Celebrities such as actors, musicians, athletes, or cartoons (Exceptions to this prohibition include permission-based photos of you, your family members or friends photographed with a famous person).
- Use of addresses, phone numbers, personalized identification numbers and URL addresses
- Provocative, derogatory or of a sexual content.
- No naked or semi-naked images of adults or children.
- Racial/prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter.
- I don't have a Educators Visa® card (or even an account for that matter). Can I design my card and apply online at the same time?
You are required to have an Educators Credit Union credit or debit card to be able to use this service. Please contact us at 262.886.5900 to get more information on setting up a new Educators Credit Union accounts and services.
- How much does it cost for a personalized design card?
Members receive one FREE personalized card design within the cards three year expiration period. If you wish to change the picture on your card during this period, a production fee of $10.00 may apply.
- How long will it take for my new card image to be approved?
The typical approval process takes 1-2 business days. Once the new card design and/or services are approved, you may pick your card up with a valid photo ID at the branch location you selected.
- Will my new card have the same account number, expiration date, and PIN?
The PIN and card number will stay the same; however the expiration date might change.
- Will my account number, expiration date and PIN change each time I change my design?
Once you've personalized your card, any future card requests will keep the same card number. The expiration date may change.
- What happens if my card design is rejected?
You will be contacted by the credit union explaining that it is necessary for you to submit another card design and the reason why.
- How often can I change my personalized card design?
You can change your card image as often as you like. Just remember that production charges apply.
- Can I have one design for my Debit Card and another for Credit Card?
Of course! You can have a different card design for each of the card types that you have. Please note the production charge for each card.
- Can the joint owner of my account have a different card design?
Yes. The joint owner or authorized user of an account may have a different design for the same card type. Please note the production charge for each card.
- My card looks and feels different, will merchants accept it?
Yes, your new un-embossed Visa card may look and feel different, but it is a valid card that can be accepted at any Visa merchant location which has an electronic terminal.
- How secure is the design website?
Our site is secured with 2,048-bit encryption and meets VeriSign (the security certificate authority) Extended Verification process to protect our members.
For best results, please follow these image file requirements.
- Image file must be a JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, or GIF (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.bmp, *.gif, *.tif).
The easiest way to tell is by looking at the filename; it should end with '.jpg', '.png', '.tif' or '.gif'. This is usually the case with photos from digital cameras and other devices. Most images are in JPEG format.
- The dimensions should be at least 1,033px x 657px (3.452" x 2.17").
If the dimensions are smaller than this, your card image may be produced with "grainy" quality. If the dimensions are greater, the card image will produce with better quality.
On Windows: Right-Click > Properties > Summary > Advanced
On Mac: Command+I
- The maximum file size allowed is 7 MB.
Most JPEG, PNG, TIF, and GIF images are under this file size limit, including high megapixel digital cameras.
- Adobe Flash Player is required to upload images.
Your new personalized card will not only look different but it will also feel different because it does not have the raised numbers that you would expect. Unlike an embossed Visa card with raised numbers, letters, and symbols, the un-embossed card has a smooth, flat surface.
The new un-embossed, personalized Visa cards are accepted by all Visa merchant locations with electronic terminals.